In winter, people are surrounded by many diseases. Children and elder people face more problems of cold, fever and phlegm. Do you want to know how to keep yourself fit in winter? How to protect your body from diseases. Here are the ways which will help you to stay fit by adopting ayurvedic home remedies in winter. Please follow these tips mentioned in Ayurveda.
Ayurvedic Health Tips for Winter Season
- Take one spoon of Chyawanprash every morning and evening. Chyawnprasha has superb ingredients that are good for your health. It boosts your immunity and will keep you away from cold and other infections.
- Go for a light walk daily. Don’t forget to wear your cap and gloves along with warm clothes.
- Chew 3-4 basil addresses and eat.
- Drink warm water atleast once or twice a day if possible
- If you are suffering from cold then drink warm water only.
- Make a decoction by mixing a little ginger, 2-3 cloves, 3-4 black pepper, 4-5 basil leaves and a spoon of fennel in one liter of water. Drink it in small amounts in the morning and evening.
- Spend atleast 1 hour in sunlight thrice or 4 times a week.
- Meditate for atleast 15-20 minutes every day to keep your mind calm and stress-free.
- Do not use excessively hot water for bathing. It can cause problems in the skin and lead to dryness of skin too.
If there are newborns or small children in your home then you can take care of children and newborns in this way:-
- Massage hot oil on the chest of children.
- If they are getting mucus, they can give light steam.
- Massage the foot of children with sesame or mustard oil.
- These days the mother should consume jaggery. This will benefit the child.
- Grind nutmeg a little and mix it with milk or water and give it with a small spoon.
If you adopt these small remedies of Ayurveda in winter, then you will stay fit and healthy.
Clean Your throat with jaggery
Due to pollution, most dust particles accumulate in the throat. This causes throat problems. You can eat a little jaggery after eating food. Apart from this, mulethi can also be chewed.